.

.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Seoul, South Korea... My short and sweet visit.

So I started out the first leg of my trip in Seoul, South Korea.  I met up with a friend who's an English teacher here.  
My plan was to only go to Japan, but when we decided to travel around together he thought it was a good idea for me to also come experience South Korea since I was so close.
Seoul is a beautiful and lively little City with tons to see.  I was literally here for not even 2 full days... Needless to say I ran around like a chicken without a head and saw as much as possible. I'm literally going to need a vacation from my vacation...  But thats par for the course for sure!!
The one thing I already knew was going to be true is the Korean BBQ is on another level...  That's literally all I wanted to eat, and being here only a couple days that's all I did eat!  Well... Along with a couple other Korean dishes I had never had!  




Some random guy selling Korean wine in the middle of the little area we went to dinner... I guess he's some sort of Korean "celebrity" or "drunk" known for slanging his moonshine around town!


These were pics of the first night... At this time I had been up for literally 24+ hours... After dinner and a few drinks I was a zombie!  
We went to dinner in a cute little area called Hongdae. They have night shopping and this park area where everyone hangs out and drinks and there's music...  If I wasn't so tired I would have enjoyed this area more, but when I say zombie I mean zombie!  I could barely keep my eyes open!!




On our walk to the subway station we passed by the cutest little park... And they had those little lanterns everywhere!




Relief goods for disasters if they would get attacked... They have them in every subway station!


We are heading up to Namsan Tower today to get a Birdseye view of the city!  Walking through the little neighborhoods with all the art... I absolutely loved it!!












On the upper deck of the Namsam Tower there was this huge area like the love bridge in Europe... All the lovers would leave a lock ❤️










This part was considered the old town, Bukchon row... If I were to move here this is where I would love to live!!  The quaint area had some of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen... I could only imagine what they look like inside!


Convenient stores around the world crack me up the most... There was this whole row of what looks like hot dogs...  Maybe I should have bought one and tried it!!








We went to the Gyeongebok Palace... By this time we had been running around the city going on 8 hours plus... I was so tired but had to get a look see around.  The grounds of the palace are huge and all my feet could take was a few little areas.  I wish that I could take longer vacations and could experience the cities more...  However I am truly grateful for the experiences I'm given in life and I guess my short little vacations are much more than some people get to experience in a lifetime and I'm thankful for that. 
If you can I encourage each and everyone of you to try and live by one quote that I hold dead to my heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment