.

.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

DW… Best carrot cake of my life!!!

DW Bistro
6115 S. Fort Apache Rd., #112, Las Vegas, NV  89148
(702) 529-5200

DW Bisto - First bites
http://www.eatinglv.com/2010/11/dw-bistro-first-bites/

More eats from Vegas…
So I was trying to jam pack all this food into my Vegas trip and I really wanted to try DW Bistro since I'd heard so many good things about it… The only thing is, I really wanted to do brunch but didn't think I had time so I opted for a bday lunch on Friday.  We got a group of 6 people together so we definitely ordered a bunch and shared everything!
DW Bistro is not on or near the strip… It's actually in Summerlin which is where I normally stay so a lot of the restaurants I go to are out here.
One thing I really love about Vegas is it has some fantastic food options on or off the strip!

Raspberry Ginger Fizz (grey goose vodka mixed w/ fresh Farmers Market raspberries muddled with fresh mint and ginger syrup topped with Jamaican ginger beer)
It was my bday so I had to drink, right??  This was good, but a little sweet for my taste so I decided to try one more drink :)
Delicioso (Barsol Pisco and Orchid Guava Liqeuer mixed with agave nectar and fresh squeezed lime juice)
This was yummy and at this point I was pretty tipsy... Do you see the size of these drinks?!
Chicken Flautas w/ fresh lime infused sour cream, queso fresco, and pico de gallo, served atop avacado tamatillo sauce
This was super yummy!
DW spanish chorizo w/ shrimp - sauteed chorizo and roasted garlic, fresh tomato, shimp and basil in lemon beurre blanc, served w/ lavash
WOW this flavor!!  I litereally wanted a spoon and we asked for extra bread!  This was my favorite app!!! 
Pan-seared salmon w/ sauteed seasonal veggies, finished with beurrec blanc over rice
I'm a sucker for salmon and this was one thing I kept going back to for more bites!
This was the special for the day... Trout with couscous
Jamaican chicken curry, seasonal sauteed veggies served over couscous
This was pretty dang good too!
Classic braised short rib sandwich served on ciabatta w/ jalapeno bacon and horseradish cream
Couscous salad w/ jerk seared ahi, fresh pesto, goat cheese and baby heirloom tomatoes
New Mexian-style slow-cooked pork simmered in New Mexican red chile with 2 over easy eggs served over rice
I have to say I was super excited about this dish, my friends have raved about it before... So I don't know if it was the day or what it was but I wasn't super impressed :(
Jamaican style carrot cake
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST CARROT CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!  I litterally have been craving it since I had it... Oh and not to mention I went back for brunch the next day and had it again!!!
So I found more time over the weekend and I found myself back here just to try the brunch.  I was glad I did, cause I thought brunch was SOOO much better!  Not saying that lunch was bad, I just loved loved loved the brunch menu!  I guess I'm kind of a sucker for brunch in general.

Bottomless mimosas
What brunch is complete without mimosas!!
Chilaquiles - white corn tortilla w/ chicken, Chilaquiles sauce, cheddar cheese; served with 2 eggs any style w/ pico de gallo, lime infused sour cream avacado tamatillo sauce and queso fresco
IN LOVE!!!!  I think I want to go back everytime and just have this!!!  I LOVE chilaquiles anyway, but this is probably one of my favorites that I've ever had!!


DW Turkey burger served on brioche bun w/ a dash of jerk seasoning and mango pear apple chutney
UMMMM this was pretty much amazing!  Spicy and sweet, just how I like things!!


All in all I really loved this restaurant, but I do prefer brunch over lunch all the way.
Really can't wait to head back to Vegas to have some more Chilaquiles!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 

XO Drea  8

No comments:

Post a Comment