.

.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Post & Beam... Really far, but worth the drive!


FINALLY I have a new blog post!!! 
I was eating out so much I literally had to take a break... One for my pocketbook and two for my pants!  HAHA
So I have this restaurant list that I've been trying to get through, and I finally thought it was time to try Post & Beam.
When driving to the restaurant I kept thinking... Where the heck is this place?! (It's literally pretty far from where I live, especially with that good ole LA traffic)
And then when we arrived I thought... Where the heck am I?!
Baldwin Hills?!  Who the heck drives out to Baldwin Hills?!  I guess I do?  And I'm really glad I did.
The restaurant is in a mall parking lot... Nothing fancy, even when walking inside. But the food... The food was SUPER tasty!!  I would say this place is a mix of soul or comfort food...
The menu is SUPER small, so if you're a picky eater I would really check it out to see if anything sounds good to you!  Me I eat everything so I literally hardly ever look at the menu!

"Maple Whiskey Sour" Maple infused Whiskey, Lime, Lemon... Becoming one of my go to drinks lately.

Wood Oven Mussels & Calamari with Spicy Tomato Sauce and Lemon Relish
I feel as though you can never go wrong with mussels... and the spicyness of the sauce was pretty amazing!
Shrimp Grits with Beef Bacon, Roasted Peppers and Shrimp Butter
WOW I loved loved loved this!!  But I'm a pretty big fan of grits when it's prepared correctly.

Kale Salad, Roasted Peppers, Broccolini, Chickpeas in Pumpkin Seed Dressing
You can never go wrong with a kale salad!

Certified Angus Beef Short Ribs, Fresh Horseradish
Mac n' Cheese
Grilled Baby Brocolli, Sweet Garlic and Lemon Vinaigrette
So the way the menu works is you order one large item and it then comes with 2 small sides.  We thought the sides were going to be a lot bigger, but it worked out with the amount of food we had ordered.

Bread pudding, chocolate pieces, bourbon sauce and vanilla bean ice cream
I've got to say this is one of my favorite desserts!  Also this is one of my favorite bread pudding's I've ever had!!

I don't know that I'll ever drive out here again... However I'm glad I made the drive at least once!
I'm not super big on comfort food, but everything that we had was extremely extremely tasty!!!
If you're close to this area though I say it's a must!!  No fuss restaurant with flavors that will keep your taste buds wanting more!!


XO Drea

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thank you for your reviews! However, we generally don't allow links in Diner reviews, so we had to remove yours. Did you know we have a system called "spoonbacks" that will automatically link your restaurant reviews on your blog to the restaurants' pages on Urbanspoon? Users will see a short teaser of your reviews on our site, and we show a link to click through to your blog for the full reviews.

    For instance, if you wanted to include your review of Post & Beam Restaurant, here's a page that explains how it would work:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/e/restaurant_link/1643799

    You can find that page for any restaurant by clicking "Add" and then "Add a blog post" in the Reviews section on the restaurant's Urbanspoon page. Note: It can sometimes take a few days for your blog to complete our approval process, so don't expect your posts to appear immediately on Urbanspoon. If you have trouble with spoonbacks, feel free to let us know.

    Best regards,
    Greg

    Urbanspoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much for this info!! It's extremely helpful!
      Andrea

      Delete