.

.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Maude... Take Home Chef's first restaurant!


Maude
http://www.mauderestaurant.com/
212 S. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA  90212
(310) 859-3418

Maude is a new restaurant that opened in Beverly Hills by Curtis Stone.
I met Curtis a few years back and he has got to be the sweetest and most down to earth man EVER!  And it doesn't suck that he's tall, extremely sexy and has one of the hottest Aussie accents!!!!
So Maude has a monthly menu based around one key ingredient... It's a 9 course tasting menu (MY FAVORITE), and if you're vegetarian or have any food restrictions they will work with you.
For February it was citrus, March artichokes and April peas.
The restaurant is super small, having room for only 25.  So if you want a reservation you have to book in advance.  When I went I found out they are booked till May 1st!!!
I say keep a look out every month and see if the key ingredient piques your interest!  And if it does call right away and hopefully you can get in!!!
The menu for my meal was based around citrus... And I wasn't disappointed by any means!  I think this needs to be added to my top 10 in LA!!
Champagne YES PLEASE!!
Lime Sorbet with orange (I love anything sour so of course I loved this)
Shigoku Oysters with Cavier (I mean…. Do I even have to comment)
Gougere (WOW… This tiny little pastry, probably the size of a quarter around… But the flavor inside was bigger than life!!!)
Onion Bhaji (this reminded me almost of a potato pancake that my mom used to make)
Fried Mussels with Blood Orange Aioli
This was a play on chef's salad with nasturtiums, buttermilk dressing and clementine reduction
Carrot and Orange Soup with Parsley Puree and Serrano Ham Chip (I can't get over how yummy this was… The ham chip with it's saltiness was soooo good dipped into this creamy soup)
Lobster Crudo with Crimson Turnip Cream, Watermelon Radish, Fennel and Compressed Celery
Chicken Terrine Pain Perdu with Mustard Ice Cream (YES I said mustard ice cream… And it was FANTASTIC!!)
Halibut, Gnocchi and I'm not too sure what else.  This was new on the menu so I don't remember everything that was included :(
Duck, Duck Goose.  Duck Ravioli with Duck Mousse and Chard Filing, Smoked Goose Fat and a grating of dehydrated salted duck egg yolk
Abbaya De Belloc (Mustards with Citrus, Semolina Crackers and Cheese which I don't remember the name of)
Cappuchino, I most definitely needed a pick me up after what we just ate!  And to think we just got to the 3 courses of dessert that are on the way!
Homemade Madeline Cookies fresh out of the oven with Salted Carmel Dipping Sauce (OMG!!!!!!!!)
Lemon Curd, Dulcey Creneuz, Yuzu Sorbet, Hempseed (this was like a lemon bar but sooooo much more special)
I don't even know how I was able to eat anymore… But I had to try everything!  And I did!!!!
This is the cutest!!!!  They send you away with this little gift to enjoy later!  Can't wait to enjoy mine!!!
We sat at the chef's counter, I would recommend sitting here if you can.  You basically have a front row seat to watch the Masters at work!
Hope that some of you are able to try this place, it's really worth it!!!  
I can't wait to go back.

XO Drea



4 comments:

  1. I'm in awe....so fun how you describe all of those delicacies. Not sure I could be as brave as you however. (You know how I am ��)
    Pretty certain the desserts would not have been a problem.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You could do it! Just little tastes :)
      By the time the desserts came around I was struggling.

      Delete
  2. You are a better person than me. I don't know if I could eat or even want to taste a majority of the things you laced out. Did you eat all of this at one time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha…. Yea I tried them all at one time =/
      But it's a tasting menu, so everything was super small :)

      Delete