.

.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kabuto Edomae Sushi… Nigiri, Yoroi or Kabuto course?

Kabuto Edomae Sushi
5040 W. Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV
Kabutolv.com

Even with no sign, Las Vegas sushi restaurant prospers
http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/restaurants/even-no-sign-las-vegas-sushi-restaurant-prospers

Kabuto is a minimalists dream... From the decor to the sushi.  And the sushi being minimal doesn't mean it lacks on taste.  This place is truly amazing and will be appreciated by any sushi lover!
There are no signs outside and just a sliver of a window which makes it so interesting that you just need to know what's inside.


A small glimpse of the small dining room inside.
This restaurant is really unique in that they serve aperitif sake which they make in-house.  I've never had this before and it was literally the best sake I've ever had in my life!!  They also serve 3-year-old imported artisan shoyu (soy sauce)... I hardly used any, but from the little I used the flavor was amazing!!
I literally felt like I was taken to Japan to the most authentic sushi dinners that I've ever had a chance to experience.
Kabuto servces 3 pre set courses; 1 nigiri, 1 yoroi and 1 kabuto.  We all went with the nigiri, but I kind of wish that I would've went for yoroi since they had some cooked dishes I would have liked to try as well!
Also we went with a group of 4 and sat at a table… I really wish we would have sat at the sushi bar just for the experience alone!

Aperitif Sake (lime flavor), we also ordered another one later and they served us Fiji Apple
YUM YUM YUM!!
Octopus Sashimi
Tuna, Cornet, Spotted Knifejaw
Hon-maguro Chu-Toro, Red Rock cod, Black Sea Perch, Young Yellowtail, Sweet Omlet

Kamashita Fatty Tuna, Hon-Maguro Triangle
Sweet Shrimp (live), Striped Pig, Cherry Stone Clam

Oysters
Scallop (live), Coastal Trevally and I don't remember the rest :(
Homemade Green Tea Ice Cream
This has literally GOT to be one of the best sushi experiences I have EVER had!!!  Do not miss a chance to go to this place when you're in Vegas!  They are also planning on opening in California and I really hope it happens soon!  Blogging about this place is making me REALLY miss their sushi!


XO Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment