.

.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hirozen. Always fresh, always authentic!

Hirozen
http://www.hirozen.com/
8385 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA  90048
(323) 653-0470

Ok sushi… This is one type of food I just love and am SUPER picky about!!  I could literally eat sushi almost every day!  I rotate the same sushi restaurants over and over again because I don't like trying new places and getting disappointed.
This sushi restaurant was recommended to me by my friend David, who's always a good source for great restaurants!  I'm very careful who I trust for recommendations… I've had my fair share of thinking "You really think this is good?"
Hirozen has easily become one of my favorite sushi spots in LA!!  Actually now that I think about it, it's hands down my favorite place in LA!  I have others that I love (not many), but this is my go-to for amazing food every single time!
One thing I love about this place is they have a separate area on the menu for all seasonal Japanese fish!    They also have an Omakase menu (The Chef's Choice Sushi Course).  I think sometime soon I'm going to have to opt for that.
The fish here is always fresh along with the other food always being really tasty.  I don't think I've ever ordered something that I was unhappy about.
The restaurant is tiny with a sushi bar and a few tables, so dependent on the time you go there it might be a wait…. But honestly, what isn't a wait in LA??  One good thing… You can make reservations!

Whenever you order sake here, it's the cutest thing cause they allow you to chose your glass from a tray full of mixed matched glasses!  I love it!!
Shishito Peppers with Fish Flakes
I NEVER go for edamame… I'm a shishito peppers girl all the way!
Calamari Somen Noodles (this is absolutely one of my favorite things and get it every single time)
Loup De Mer (French Sea Bass w/ Citrus, Sea Salt, & Yuzu-Kosho), Kodai (Seared Baby Snapper w/ Citrus & Sea Salt) and Kan Buri (Wild Adult Yellowtail)   If they tell you don't use soy sauce, don't use it!
Sayori (Japanes Half Beak & Ponzu & Green Onion), Tai (Red Snapper w/ Citrus & Sea Salt), Hirame (Japanese Halibut w/ Ponzu & Green Onion) and Aji (Japanese Spanish Mackerel w/ Ponzu & Green Onion)
Rock Cod with Chinese Sauce (this is the first time I ordered this and OMG I think I will have to order this every time!!!  Fish melts in your mouth and the flavor is amazing)
Pumpkin Pudding (mmmm this was eh so-so… I have a favorite when it comes to dessert here)
Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Papaya (NOW THIS IS DESSERT!!!  I love love love this and order it every single time!  I'm a total sucker for anything coconut)

I drive half hour to go to eat here so that should tell you something!!!
I recommend everyone trying it at least once!!  And if you go, try something that you normally wouldn't try… Make it interesting, that's what makes food fun!
If you go enjoy!

XO Drea

2 comments: