.

.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gjelina... Never a disappointment!

http://www.gjelina.com/
1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
(310) 450-1429

So in all the years I've lived here, and all the restaurants I've been to Gjelina is still one of my favs!!
Not saying that I don't have so many others that I love, but this place just NEVER let's me down!
I've been for brunch and dinner and EVERYTHING is ALWAYS amazing!
If you have never been I highly recommend you trying it! 
It's a bit on the pricey side, so maybe save it for a special occasion!! 
The pics below are for one of the times my girlfriends and I had brunch.

Blood Orange Mimosa (how can brunch be complete without mimosas!!)
Kumamoto and Shigoku Oysters (these are some of my favorite oysters!  Small and flavorful!)
Housemade Chorizo, Tomato, Cream, Fennel, Chili & Basil (I mean this place has some of the most amazing pizzas!!  I don't think you could go wrong with any choice!!)
I tried to look for this on the menu, but could no longer find it.  It was a sort of creamed corn kind of dish with goat cheese and cilantro.  Like everything else it was AMAZING!
Moroccan Baked Eggs, Merguez, Chili, Tomato Sauce, Cilantro & Spiced Yogurt (do I need to even say anything else?)
Yogurt Panna Cotta & Citrus (I mean you always have to save room for dessert right??  Well I do, and panna cotta is one I literally can't pass up!!!)

Too bad I don't have pics of dinner… But like I said you really can't go wrong!  This is one of my top 10 restaurants for sure!!!

XO Drea

3 comments: