.

.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Racion... Tapas done well!

Racion
119 W. Green Street, Pasadena, CA  91105
(626) 396-3090
http://racionrestaurant.com/
 
So you probably know what high expectations I have of tapas... Especially since experiencing them in Barcelona, but I've got to say Racion has some pretty stellar food!
I love Spanish tapas, it's become one of my favorite foods since my trip... And since I've come home I never thought I would get anything even close to what I tried out there.  Well I was wrong!
I literally wish I was with more people because it was soooo hard to stick with six items to try, and I have been trying really hard not to eat myself into a food coma lately... 
Racion is located in Pasadena, and even though Pasadena is not that far I tend to never travel there... I hope that after reading this some of you are intrigued to go.  I promise you won't be disappointed!!
I will definitely be back to explore the menu and the food some more!
Racion only serves beer, wine and cider.  The cider that they serve is a Spanish style and it was REALLY good and REALLY different... It really reminds me of apple cider vinegar, but in a good way not a bad way!  When drinking it with the food it pairs so perfect!  The flavor of the cider helped bring out the flavors of the food to another level!

At Ración, Teresa Montaño and Loretta Peng's Basque Food Is Among the City's Best
http://www.laweekly.com/2014-02-06/eatdrink/at-raciandoacuten-teresa-montaandntildeo-and-loretta-pengs-basque-food-is-among-the-citys-best/

Salt Cod Fritters, Lemon Cream
HOLY COW these were amazing!  Crispy on the outside with a soft texture inside that melts in your mouth!  AMAZING!!

Crispy Prawns, Spicy Tomato, Garlic
So before I went to Spain I never really cared for prawns as much as I do now... And my favorite part honestly is eating the head!  The flavors inside the head are so rich and intense... I can't understand what took me so long to finally try it!

Lamb Meatballs, Basque Cider, Picon, Licorice Greens

Crispy Artichokes, Candied Jamon, Lemon and Anchovy
I mean... Do I need to say more?

Roasted Heirloom Carrots, Coconut Gel, Brown Butter Crumbs

House-Made Squid Ink Pasta, Mussels, Piquillo Peppers Saffron
I LOVE LOVE LOVE squid ink pasta.... Honestly one of my favorites!!

Crema Catalana
Spanish Custard, Date Sauce, Pistachio Meringue
OMG I couldn't get enough of this!!!  The texture and flavor were beyond good!
If you're looking for some authentic Spanish Tapas, Racion is your place!!
Go and enjoy... I know I did!!  And looking forward to going back for more.

XO Drea

 

No comments:

Post a Comment