.

.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Republique… Repyblik NOT Republic!

Republique
http://republiquela.com/
624 S. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA  90036
(310) 362-6115

République Review: French Food Worthy of a Glorious Space
http://www.laweekly.com/los-angeles/rpublique-review-french-food-worthy-of-a-glorious-space/Content?oid=4449022

So recently my friend Ryan (my #1 foodie friend in LA) and I decided to go to a new restaurant that he's been wanting to try…
You never have to ask me twice for a request like that!!!  1) I love trying new places to eat, 2) Ryan NEVER let's me down with great restaurants and great food choices!
I don't know what it is about when we go out to eat, but every single time we literally eat ourselves into a food coma!  Ryan stated tonight that we both have eyes way too big for our stomachs… I think he's totally right!
So I have to tell you, I've never been a huge fan of French food… In my eyes it's always too heavy with too much sauce and what not.  This new modern French food though is AMAZING!!!  Definitely right up my alley!
I really enjoyed everything that we ate here… The drinks were really fun too!  I ordered the Bernard Ranches Oro Blanco (tarragon, gin and egg white).  I literally am such a huge sucker for drinks with egg white... I love how it makes them all frothy!
I wish we would have tried a charcuterie board, escargot and the short ribs but with all the other food we ordered I think it's better that we saved that for next time!
One thing that I love so much about restaurants lately is the small plate concept that everyone is doing.  It allows you to experience much more of the menu and eat family style.

I literally thought that you pronounced this place as Republic!
This place was SOOO HUGE!  You can't really tell from the picture but it's one of the bigger restaurants that I've been to!
MY FAVORITE!!!  I did venture out and try one new one this time which I'm totally happy about since it was amazing!!  It was on the bigger side, which I am normally scared of but I loved the texture and the flavor!
(Kumamoto, Washington; Shigoku, Washington & Cotuit, Cape Cod)
This is another one of my favs!!  Maybe it's the German in me, maybe it's not?  I've just always been a HUGE fan or raw meat!
(Grass-Fed Beef Tartare, tarragon aioli, pickled red onion and potato chips)
And eggs is another thing I feel like is always amazing, and this was no let down!!  Also I used to hate uni, but lately I've kinda been loving it!
(Eggs on Toast, santa barbara uni, soft scrambled eggs)
This was one of my favorite things that we ordered… The flavors in this dish were incredible and we found ourselves dipping our bread in after for that yummy garlic butter!
(Wood Oven Razor Clams, spring onion, garlic butter)
WOW!  You can't tell from this pic but the flavors in this I LOVED and I'm a huge sucker for octopus!!  It was super spicy and super flavorful!  There was black kale in it which is usually only available from fall to late February and has this great peppery flavor.
(Charcoal-Grilled Mediterranean Octopus, black kale, citrus, pistachio, chili, lime)
UGH I wish my flash was better and that you could really see how BIG that piece of meat was that was sitting in front of us!  When that got to the table we both almost keeled over!!  I really enjoyed the flavor in this, but don't know if I would order it again… Also this was NOT a small plate or a small piece of meat by any means!
(Sonoma Lamb Blade Steak, roasted artichokes, tricolor salad, salsa verde)

Always gotta save room for dessert!  This was pretty amazing with it's buttery rich goodness.  My favorite parts were the crispy and flakey sides
(Croissant Bread Pudding with vanilla ice cream)
So all in all this was another really successful night with a great restaurant and great company!  The menu is HUGE and there are so many really incredible choices.  I can't wait to go back and explore the menu some more!

Thank you to all of my friends who are joining me on this journey and for putting up with my flash photography… It's totally annoying I know, but it's for a good cause… Right?!


XO Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment