.

.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Osaka, Japan... Adventures in Japan take 1

So to start out our adventure in Japan we started out in Osaka.  Soooo many people have said so many great things about this city, and I can totally see why!!
I'm pretty happy about starting out here first... It's like getting our feet wet before we jump in head first to the craziness of Tokyo!
First off I have to say... This subway system you have here is quite amazing, quite intimidating and is probably easy once you get used to it (I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow and I can say I'm not used to it yet ).  One thing though... Everyone is so willing to help you out if you have questions... Even if they don't speak a lick of English!  It definitely makes a big city like Japan a lot less scary!

The amount of people in the streets at certain hours of the day is so insane!!

There are tons of little areas or neighborhoods in Osaka that have themes.  Whether it be video games, electronics, shopping, entertainment… And it's lit up like Vegas, but Vegas on crack!!

It's actually not that bad… Right?!

This on the other hand… When I first saw this I wasn't sure what to press… Even when it's in English!  Too many buttons!!  Too many choices!!!

Our walk to the Sky Building



http://en/m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeda_Sky_Building
The is the Umeda Sky Building that we were heading over to (I borrowed this picture from the internet since in the pouring rain it was really hard to get a shot)

This is a picture from the top over looking the city.

And it's hard to tell but these are 2 escalators, which go from one side of the building to the other… Free floating with only the glass that's enclosing it.  I was pretty queasy because you can essentially see all the way down.

Going down?

Looking up from the ground level, this is what they refer to as the Floating Garden.

The amount of people that are always out and about is soooo insane!!

I really wish they had udon like this in the states!!  Just watching them throw the noodles in water  and how they fished them out with these net like spoons.  I should have taken some pics but I was so starving I just grabbed the food and ran.  

http://www.osakacastle.net/english/
Osaka Castle… This place is beyond amazing!!  The grounds are so beautiful, even on a rainy, cold and gloomy day.

















My Japan adventure is not over yet... Stay tuned as I have a few more stops before heading to the states again!

No comments:

Post a Comment